Tuesday, May 19, 2015

EOC Week 7: Final Project Pitch

The company that I'm working with is Barnes&Noble Bookstore. I called the store on Stephanie in Henderson and spoke with the store manager by quick pitching the project. He told me that I would have to write a letter to corporate first, but he added that he would be more than happy to help me with my project.

The reason why I chose Barnes&Noble Bookstore is because of two reasons: the store is in dire need of help to stay alive, and the memories I have of Barnes&Noble as a child. The problems I am focused on are based on why the store is losing massive profits, and finding a way to add profit in an area that would make money.

What I'm proposing is:
Selling comic books and having a comic section.

WHY?
People are interested and looking into buying these products. Also, with Marvel movies scheduled to come out in theaters there is at least a 2 year time frame to make a huge gross profit on comic books. A few reasons why this would be successful is: people are going to buy the comic and read the stories before watching the movie, this demographic will attract young adults and children so this will help direct book sales towards the kids section simultaneously, and Barnes&Noble doesn't have a comic section.

People are looking for a comic store that they know won't close down and will carry titles that they adore. If Barnes&Noble can make a partnership with Disney, DC Comics, and more, then advertised that they now sell comic books near a superhero movie screening, I strongly believe that this will help increase sales, bring in new long term customers, and carry on into different areas of the store where sales can increase based on demographics. Also, this is to help stay away from the Nook for a while since focusing on it now is not working or making Barnes&Noble any profit.

After I get the green light from Barnes&Noble corporate I am going to work with the store on Stephanie in Henderson to help create a section for comic books, and try to make is so that minimal rearrangement of other sections is possible. If this is successful I want to push this out to every B&N throughout Las Vegas and Henderson, then throughout the country where people are likely to buy comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment